Monday, June 7, 2010

Why I do what I do

It's the last week of school right now and I have a zillion psycho-educational reports to write for the zillion meetings I have this week. As I sat in my office calmly losing my mind and wondering if anything I was doing would actually have a positive impact on anyone...anyone at all...ever...a 2nd grade student I had assessed earlier in the year walks in with something in her hand. What she gives me is a small, hand-painted card filled with some of the loveliest words I have ever seen. The card read:

Dear R.,
Thank you for helping me. You help me remember math better and help keep me focused. You are always nice to everyone at school especially me! You are very pretty and fantastic.

Love,
(Student)

When I'm done weeping I think I'll be able to crank the rest of those reports out now...

2 comments:

  1. you need to add a 'reaction' button to here because i felt warmed by this one, I like. :)

    ReplyDelete