Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Likes and Dislikes

Things that make me want to kick a puppy or otherwise turn me off:
- one-ply toilet paper
- traffic
- closed mindedness
- bad communicators
- frequent use of "lol"
- use of "kewl" ever
- hypocrisy
- smokers
- being called hun or babe (although honey and baby don't bother me)
- the missing 'r' button on my laptop
- constantly cleaning cat hair off of every surface in my apartment
- constantly having a layer of cat hair on every item of clothing I own
- nonstop negativity
- nonstop positivity
- asking me out on a first date via text
- going dutch on the first few dates
- too much tongue
- too little tongue (although this is preferable to the alternative)
- Prop 8
- not knowing the difference between your and you're, two, to and too, and their, there and they're
- long hair on men
- overly hairy men
- men who shave their entire bodies (unless they are athletes)
- sour cream
- olives
- men who act like idiots and then say they hate drama- if you don't want drama stop being a complete moron/asshole
- people already in the hot tub when I get there
- people who come into the hot tub when I'm already in it
- getting sunburned
- when my inhaler is clogged
- ordering Indian food medium spicy and getting it mild
- ordering Indian food medium spicy and getting it hot
- file cabinets that fall on me
- people who take the bible literally and don't think for themselves
- people who have a fit if you write 'god' instead of 'God'
- snoring
- having to wear a mask and be hooked up to a breathing machine when I sleep
- uvulopalatopharangynoplasty
- flakey people
- Dane Cook as an actor
- clocks that tick loud enough that I can hear them ticking
- biological clocks
- my grandmother profanely discussing sex
- getting my oil changed
- rolling my jeep
- temperatures below 64 degrees or above 86 degrees

Things that I heart:
- the secretary at the elementary school where I work
- parents and teachers who promptly complete the paperwork I ask them to fill out on their children/students
- men who open my car door
- happy hour
- cupcakes
- honesty
- stick figure drawings
- sporks
- mindfulness
- the cold side of the pillow
- good morning/good night texts
- when the weather outside is weather
- when you shut your mouth when you're talking to me
- when you get the reference
- games like Taboo, Scattegories, Texas Hold'em, and Just the Tip
- motorcycles
- New York
- San Diego
- outdoorsy people
- karaoke when not taken seriously
- shopping with Laura
- Gray and Little Bubba
- hiking
- someecards.com
- getting a massage
- rollercoasters
- Dane Cook as a comedian
- Mitch Hedberg
- Business Time/Flight of the Conchords
- psychological thrillers
- running
- daylight saving time
- dancing
- camping
- country concerts
- traveling
- tailgating
- sour candy
- sarcasm
- Christmas morning at Amber's house
- praise for a job well done or for my effort
- affection
- Penney's blog
- postcards from friends who go on vacation
- when my dad comes to visit
- the sun
- the ocean
- use of the terms "I heart that," "fml," "obvi," "that's what she said," and "your mom"
- Sandy's sister
- my blackberry
- coming to work and finding tons of food in the teacher's lounge
- 2-3 year olds
- having summers off

4 comments:

  1. this is why we are friends... hahaha "kewl". I saw that once and was like, WTF?!

    Going dutch?! Do people really do that? I guess I have been spoiled in the south - I am not sure they know what that is, I have to tell my husband I am capable of opening my own door.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, these are all my pet peeves too! we were meant to be. i should have written this above but i can relate to the teeth thing. one time i was sitting in a client lunch explaining why the client should advertise with the mag and he suddenly said, "you have fantastic teeth. i've been noticing." WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What's wrong with one ply toilet paper?" said the man...failing to notice everyone frantically backing away from the smelly hand he liked waving around to punctuate his words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Penney's blog!" I knew I loved you for a reason...because you love me! =)

    ReplyDelete