Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm a Runner

For most of my life I didn't run. I got out of running the track during gym class in high school because a) I thought running was boring and b) I couldn't breathe and nearly vomited up my own lung when I did try to run. Fast forward 10 years...I have a friend who loves to run and convinces me to give it a try. I do try- and one week later run my first 10k. One week after that I run another 10k. Then I get busy and running and I end our love affair. Fast forward one more year to present day...the love affair is back on and stronger than ever. I mean really hot and heavy. Fast runs, slow runs, intervals...THIS IS TRUE PASSION!! And this time the committment is there! I've been at it for about a month now and it's going great. I plan to run my first half marathon in SF in Febuary, then hopefully train for a full.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    I can't stand running for the very reasons you said: it's boring, I'm no good at it, and I completely spaz out after about 15 yards... :-\

    ReplyDelete