Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Story of CMA and SCMA

The Tech Guy situation has prompted me to think about the awesomely awkward collision of work and my love life over the last few years. While considering this, I realized that nearly every year since I became a school psychologist I have received completely unwelcome romantic advanced from men I worked with. These advances range from awkward-but-not-horrific to inappropriate and rather upsetting.

My internship year, my supervisor's husband (who was also a school psychologist) tried to sleep with me. One evening I received an email from him stating: "[Wife/supervisor's name] is out of town for the weekend. Do you want to come over after I put the girls to bed?" Just to fill you in- by 'girls' he meant his twin newborn daughters. Lovely.

Another year, a teacher I worked with (who also happened to be the second creepiest man alive- see next story for creepiest man alive) asked me out...over and over and over again. I believe one conversation went something like this (he was apparently a fan of alliteration):

Second Creepiest Man Alive: Hey Bold B., do you want to do something this evening?
Me: I can't.
SCMA: Come on Beautiful B., let's go out.
Me: I'm busy.
SCMA: Bodacious B., we'll have fun.
Me: I'm not feeling well. I really can't.
SCMA: Yeah, but, let's do something. You'll have a good time.
Me: I'm getting a restraining order.

Ok, I may not have said that last part, but I really wanted to.

Last year, a guy (Creepiest Man Alive) who worked at one of my schools walked into my office, picked up my cell phone, called himself with it, and walked out. After work that day he called me and asked me out (he now had my number after calling himself from my phone). This was bold and I was actually somewhat intrigued at this point. After the phone call I was no longer intrigued. I had not spoken to him much at work and didn't know much about him, least of all the fact that he was clinically insane. I wish I could recall the conversation we had in more detail- I think I may have blocked it out of my mind due to its incredibly traumatic nature- all I can remember is that nothing he said made much sense. I'm pretty sure I asked him at least 4 times during the 20 minute talk if he was high. I never answered his calls again (and trust me, there were many) and avoided him as best I could at work. I'm pretty sure he was eventually fired after one too many explosions with other staff.

I am only a week into the new school year and already I have Tech Guy hot on my heels. Tech Guy's interest may not be welcome, but he's clearly a prince among creeptastic men.

1 comment: